* Updated April 20th: The Cross Country Center opened Dec 10, 2013 and closed April 20, 2014. Trails were open for 131 days, providing great Nordic skiing all season. Thanks for skiing with us, we look forward to skiing with you next December.
- Debbi Waldear
Add Unlimited Cross Country To Your Epic Pass!
Explore the other side of Highway 88 - add Cross Country to your Season Pass for just $94. Stop by the Kirkwood Season Pass to have your pass upgraded. More about Cross Country Season Passes»
About the Cross Country Center
80km of groomed trails at 7,800 feet offer the most spectacular scenery and exciting terrain in the west. Located 1/4 mile east of Kirkwood on Hwy 88 (next to the Kirkwood Inn) and nestled in a beautiful Alpine Valley, our diverse terrain offers excellent skiing for all abilities. Bring your four legged friend along too - dogs are allowed on two trails, the High Trail located behind the Kirkwood Inn and the Outer Loop on the meadow.
Many trails feature interpretive signs providing for a more enlightening and meaningful visit. The “Kiddy Kilometer” is sure to keep the youngest skiers engaged - this one kilometer loop lined with life size animal cut outs and flip up signs.
Sip on hot chocolate beside the wood burning stove in the day lodge or warm up in one of our three trailside warming huts, then finish the perfect day with a scrumptious meal at the historic Kirkwood Inn. Our friendly staff is always happy to share local knowledge and ski tips with you. Reach us by phone: 209.258.7248 or email: kirkwoodxc [at] vailresorts [dot] com.
Cross Country Center Features:
- 80km of machine groomed trails with skating and snowshoe lanes
- Three interconnected trail systems - click to find out more about our trail systems
- Two trailhead facilities with parking areas
- Lessons in both classic and skating disciplines, private lessons and tours - lessons info
- Standard ski, skate ski and snowshoe rentals - rental info
- Retail shop with a variety of ski packages and snowshoes, clothing and accessories.
- Terrain: 20% beginner, 60% intermediate, 20% advanced - XC Trail map (PDF)
- Day tickets and season passes available - ticket & pass info
Questions? Contact the Kirkwood Cross Country and Snowshoe Center by phone: 209.258.7248 or email: kirkwoodxc [at] vailresorts [dot] com.